Can you learn to read faster with 7 Speed Reading?
7 Speed Reading is a popular reading improvement software designed by eReflect and has gained a huge name for itself in the industry.
It is one of the few programs that offer video tutorials to help users quickly understand the techniques used to increase reading speed. The tutor applies 7 different learning techniques which we will talk about in our 7 Speed Reading Review.
In general, there are two different sections – courses and exercises – to help increase speed and improve comprehension as well as retention. The first module will teach you about how a certain technique works, the second one expands on it and lets you practice.
7 Speed Reading – At A Glance
7 Speed Reading (visit website) is cloud based software and runs on the latest EX cloud/app technology. It allows you to access training classes from any computer or location and is thus platform independent.
7SR EX offers hundreds of activities, smart goals, group learning, class customization as well as sharing of texts, results and materials. Customers can expect an easy to use interface and a well-designed dashboard page to access all features and functions.
Benefits – As people have different learning and career goals, boosting one’s reading performance can help gain extensive knowledge in a specific area. This tutor will help better manage information overload, and assists students in preparing for their ACE exams.
Features at a glance
- Video tutorials
- 7 learning strategies
- 16 training activities
- 6 reading courses
- Memory & comprehension training
- Text Management
- Step by Step training modules
|Info & Rating|
Visit Product Page
|Easy to use reading improvement software for all ages. Cloud Edition EX 2018. Mac OS | Windows | Chrome | Linux|
7 Learning Strategies
The number 7 in the name refers to the seven adaptive learning strategies used in this course. They are designed in such a way that anyone can pick up and start learning. Moreover, these techniques give you the ease of learning at your own pace.
1. Step-by-Step Guide – The tutor uses video tutorials to guide you through each training module. For each reading method, you can watch a video to gain knowledge about the technique and then practice it. 7SR consists of 6 courses to help triple your speed and tackle bad reading habits such as regression and sub-vocalization.
2. 16 Software activities – 7 Speed Reading takes reading improvement training to a whole new level by giving you 16 types of training activities. These activities include modules such as Pace Trainer, Text Flash, Text Highlighter, Chunk Expander, Optic-Nerve Maximization, Games and Various Tests.
3. Monitoring – The program helps individuals adapt to the training modules by assessing and monitoring their skills and adjusting the difficulty level of each module. This keeps users from being overwhelmed or unchallenged when practicing.
4. Multiple users – There is access to 5 different user accounts per license which makes it ideal to share it with your family or friends and learn in groups. Each account will also get its own progress charts, settings and scores. There are unlimited system installs available and access from any device through a browser app.
5. Wiki-ConnectTM – This unique technology is exclusively available on 7 Speed Reading. It allows the user to run training modules directly from Wikipedia and Wikibooks. Users can alternatively download and import any other website content and use it as training material.
6. Comprehension – 7 Speed Reading EX guarantees to nearly triple your speed with full comprehension. To achieve this, the program offers a range of tutorials to increase comprehension skills as well advance tests and memory exercises.
7. Strengthen eyes – Users can look forward to exercises that will eliminate so called bad reading habits responsible for eye strain and high fixation rates. The aim is to avoid fatigue and thus to keep you away from eye soreness and any tiredness associated with your eye muscles. Eye exercises are crucial to improve your overall performance.
Videos Tutorials from Speed Reading Experts
As mentioned earlier, 7 Speed Reading is one of the few tutors on the market that comes with video tutorials to help you master the different techniques and methods applied. While there are introductory videos for most activities, the true value is in the expert videos that share in-depth knowledge about speed reading. Thus, if you are rather a visual learner this feature might tick a few boxes.
By introducing the expert videos, 7 Speed Reading turns into a comprehensive video course and software tutorial to gain theoretical and practical knowledge about speed reading. Some of the six experts include Abby Marks Beale, Kathleen Hawkins or Kris Madden. They are one of leading experts in this field.
Abby, for example, is the author of ‘The Complete Idiots Guide To Speed Reading’ and ’10 Days to Faster Reading’ and has been a professional teacher for about 25 years. She also has her own course known as Rev it Up Reading.
Kris Madden is known for his book ‘Learn to speed read’ but more interestingly, he completed his thesis in speed reading methods which makes his video a valuable attribution. Marie Jager, on the other side, is an occupational therapist and users get an insight into ergonomics and how to expand eye vision to improve your reading.
7 Speed Reading – Highlights
Smart goals – You can set individual goals to get started, however, the more interesting feature here is that the program will automatically suggest new goals or areas with potential to improve on; all depending on your progress and performance.
Bad reading habits – Apply various strategies to tackle bad reading habits. Those techniques and exercises are some of the program’s biggest advantages. Applied regularly, you can eliminate sub-vocalization and regression, reduce fixation stops or expand your eye vision. You will also see improvements in how fast you can process information, how to recall that data and turn it into knowledge.
Custom content – With thousands of eBooks already packed into 7 Speed Reading, you can add even more content by pasting articles from the web. There is absolutely no limit to how much you can add in. The program also supports the import of documents from Wikipedia, Wikibooks and any other Wiki-styled resources.
Progress tracking – 7SR ships with excellent monitoring tools in the form of charts and graphs so you can easily understand how you are doing. The software also adjusts the difficulty of each training session according to your individual skill level.
Group learning – 7 Speed Reading will store the data about your activities, results, progress or implemented content in the cloud. This makes it easy to access your class from anywhere in the world. You can also share material and test results with co-learners. It’s easy to set-up groups to enjoy learning together and motivate each other.
Profile – Each user can set-up their own profile. You will see which tasks are next in line, your current reading material and how many success points you have earned so far or if you need to level-up. Furthermore, sync your latest activities on all devices including tablets.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent training modules
- 7 different learning strategies
- Video tutorials
- Step by Step modules
- Easy to understand
- Modern and clean interface
- Import documents, create classes
- Smart goals adapting to your needs
- Track your individual records
- Progress tracking and monitoring
- Huge library of free eBooks
- Interface in multiple languages
- Speed & comprehension techniques
- Supports all platforms and browsers
- Light on memory and CPU
- 12 month Money Back Guarantee
- Telephone and Email support
- Training modules are not age specific
- No in-program chat yet but there is a live chat on the website.
- Cloud based: Offline access limited
- No Trial version available
- eBooks are mostly royalty free ones. Don’t expect current bestsellers.
While 7 Speed Reading has a feature built-in to speed read content, keep in mind this is predominantly a course to learn and practice techniques. However, there is an app called Spreeder which uses RSVP technology to speed read content and is distributed by the same company, eReflect.
Other speed reading software that will focus on teaching you how to read fast are Iris Reading or Rev It Up Reading. Another interesting option is ‘Become a SuperLearner and though not software based it shares good insights into memory techniques through videos.
7 Speed Reading Review – The Verdict
7 Speed Reading (visit product page) is an excellent way for people of all ages to increase their reading speed today. It is suitable for school and college students, adults and professionals and is a proven tool to expand your knowledge through reading. If you like to read more effectively this tutor is ready to teach you how.
Proven strategies – What we particularly appreciate about the software are its 7 different learning strategies. We certainly recognize that some techniques were easier to understand than others. However, having 7 different learning methods available, it is easy to find the right strategy that works for you.
Expertise – Another excellent and unique feature is the expert video tutorials. While the introductory videos will teach you more about the techniques and exercises implemented into the software, the expert videos share in-depth background knowledge about speed reading, memory, productivity and eye vision.
Refund policy – eReflect is quite certain about their product that they claim if you do not benefit from it, they are willing to pay you $50. Moreover, they offer a 12 month money back guarantee on all their products. There is absolutely nothing for you to lose here as well. The money-back service works, but calculate some time for the refund.
Bottom line – 7 Speed Reading is definitely worth checking out, especially when reading is a core part of your work, studies or leisure activities. It is among the most comprehensive tutor in regards of features and work performance.
The cloud edition also makes it independent from operating systems or browsers. Access your class from anywhere in the world and sync your last session on all devices. Customer Support includes email and telephone support.
How long does it take to see results?
This is a good question. Based on my experience you will need to invest about 4 weeks to see significant results. This will set the base for further improvements. It is like training muscles. The more often you exercise the deeper you will implement this skill into your daily reading habits. eReflect also recommends to use it at least 7 minutes a day for about 3-4 weeks.
While the course and videos are held in English, you can import content in any language that reads from left-to-right and top-to-bottom. Unfortunately, this will reduce the ability to import content for some Asian and Arabic languages at the moment.
Have you tried 7 Speed Reading and wish to provide constructive feedback on what could be improved further? Please use the comment box below.
Use the button below to share this review on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.