Become a Reading Pro with AceReader Software
AceReader Elite is an award-winning speed reading software that aims to significantly improve the reader’s reading capabilities, making it prompt, fast and smooth. Amongst other software that are available on the market, this tutor outshines because of the fact that it has been operational since over 18 years and it has helped thousands of individuals with their reading.
AceReader is used in Learning Centers across the globe, as well as the US Air Force Academy and several other colleges, universities and institutions.
1. AceReader Overview & Highlights
There are several unique features of AceReader (Visit Product Page) that has helped the software become a popular choice amongst individuals and educational institutions. Some of them are listed below;
- Easy and Fun: While using the program, you will come across ‘The Course Mode’ which takes you through an automatic and personalized training course. There is also a host of different fun to play and extremely effective eye exercise games featured.
- Reasonably priced: Compared to other software on the market, it is reasonably priced. Plus, there are two versions of the software that you can buy to suit your budget and save money.
- Incorporation of Your Own Material: Even though the program provides every type of content that you will need, it also allows to incorporate your material for games, tests and other reading drills.
- Flexibility: Aside from the fact that you can load your own data in the program, you can also load data from not just text files but clipboard as well including .doc, email, pdf files and others.
- Customer Support: During any point in time of using the software you face any challenges, you can get in touch with its customer support staff and get immediate assistance.
|Info & Rating|
|Award-winning accelerated reading software teaching proven techniques. Available for Mac OS | Windows | Browser.|
2. AceReader Elite Course Structure
AceReader is an extremely user-friendly software that suits all students from Grade 1 to college and adult levels. Once you open the software, you will see the startup menu which will let you choose 3 different modes including Course Mode, Menu Mode and Reading Mode.
Course Mode: Course Mode takes you through the tests and lessons. All the thinking is done by the software in this mode and all that you will be required to do is to follow the set out course outline
Menu Mode: You will be able to select the tests, drills and games that you want to finish in the Menu Mode
Reading Mode: You gain control in this mode as you decide how you are going to use the software. You can load content from the internet, eBooks and other sources. You will also be able to tailor the content and train yourself according to your preferences
Pricing: There are two different versions available: AceReader Elite ($69.95) and Elite Premium ($119).
3. AceReader Elite 2017 Standard
The classic version of the software has been recently upgraded with extra features and improved content to ensure these are of high quality, interesting, and educational. The tests are longer, have more questions and the drill text is modified to stay interesting. Furthermore this version includes:
- 830 leveled and themed Test Sets including American History, famous People, Earth and Space science, fun facts along with ACT and SAT preparation test sets
- Better interface: features a startup screen which will make it extremely easy for users to understand and use the program.
- Effective reading drills: Drills are divided into five categories including “eliminating re-reading”, “minimizing subvocalization”, expanding eye-fixation zone”, “increasing re-fixation speed” and “reducing eye fixation time”.
- Speed reading stopwatch to time your reading: it provides you with the total count of your words you read per minute.
- Daily progress indicator, administration functions and spell checker
- Access more than 625 eBooks: all these books have been picked out carefully and have also been proof read to ensure they are the best quality. You can also access more than 100 eBooks on the software’s official site.
- Option to set goals
The 2015 edition is currently available for $69.95, a $20 discount from its $89.95 original price. Price may be different now. (Visit Website)
4. AceReader Elite Premium with Iris Videos
The major advantage of this edition is that it features Iris Speed Reading Videos. Iris Reading happens to be the biggest and speed reading training’s most renowned and certified provider. It has been used globally by 227,000 companies and organizations alike.
With Iris Reading videos on board, you are guaranteed a great reading experience and an extremely effective one too. Aside from Iris Speed Reading videos, other features of the program include:
- Instructions from Iris Reading’s speed reading professionals
- Training exercises that are very enticing and keeps you engaged
- 12 hours worth of unique video training and 29 videos of the same theme
- Authentic PDF report for improving memory
- Another 121 e-book that aims to improve the reader’s concentration
- Guides you through the fast learning and reading process; improves retention capabilities and comprehension
- Video based instructions that will help you improve your learning and reading techniques with a much improved comprehension level
The price of this edition is $119. It was previously priced at $139 but is now available on a discount.
Add-ons: These add-ons can further enhance your learning experience with prices ranging between $20 to $35. They include a Spanish Test set with 260 leveled comprehension tests or a text-to-speech tool for Windows which is ideal for ESL or language students.
5. Reporting and Support
The program lets you view your overall progression by viewing progress charts. Additionally, you can also look at your test results and score while emailing your results to others is also an option.
You can also log in as the administrator and enjoy exclusive rights such as class management, create reports and many others. AceReader’s support is also quite unmatched because if you have any kind of queries, concerns or issues, you can get in touch with their support staff by email and phone.
Since AceReader is a very popular reading software, you can also get help from watching tutorial videos available on its site or on social sites such as YouTube.
6. AceReader Elite Review: Pros and Cons
- Training exercises and games
- PDF reporting
- Built in stopwatch
- Easy to use and understand user interface
- Includes 625 ebooks on standard version and 110 extra on Premium Package
- Custom article importing
- Excellent customer support – includes live support, email and phone
- Easy to install
- Soft on system memory and CPU
- Available for MAC
- Multiple unlimited user accounts supported.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Extra training modules available on the official website (purchasable)
- One of the things that may be considered as a downside of the software is that the cost of the Elite Version (premium package).
- Several other product add-ons are available on the official website. These require purchase before you can use.
7. AceReader Elite Review: Conclusion
AceReader (Visit Website) is one of the most popular, entertaining, user-friendly and powerful speed reading software on the market. The program renders various new techniques to help improve the user’s reading capabilities and help you comprehend what you read in a better way.
Compared to its features, the tutor is priced quite reasonably. Moreover, since there are two versions of the software available, you can choose the low-priced one to try it out and then choose to upgrade if you are on a strict budget.
Available operating systems: Mac and Windows.
Support: There’s excellent email and telephone support available.
What are alternatives? 7-Speed-Reading 2017 or Iris Reading are well-known tutors and programs.